Who’s ready for a fast, easy and delicious pub food recipe?? Enter our 5 ingredient baked jalapeno poppers. These small bites are spicy, creamy, savoury and oh so good. Also, they aren’t deep fried, so we’re gonna pretend they’re good for us.
These are so stupid easy to make I wasn’t sure a recipe was in order. But you need to get the proportions right, so we’re gonna help you out. We also have a secret ingredient for making the filling extra tasty. As you probably know, jalapeno poppers are filled with cream cheese. What you don’t know (but now will) is that we used a whipped chive flavoured cream cheese in the filling. This eliminates the waiting time for the cream cheese to soften. It also makes them taste delicious.
These can be mixed up and popped in the oven in no time! So the next time you have people over? Yeah, make them some jalapeno poppers. But be warned, they pack a little heat…they are hot pepper after all.
5-Ingredient Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- 1/2 cup whipped chive cream cheese we used's philadelphia brand
- 1/4 cup smoked cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 6 jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a bowl, combine first 4 ingredients and mix together well.
- Stuff the jalapeno pepper halves with around 2 tbsp of filling.
- Place the panko bread crumbs on a plate. Dip the stuffed peppers, cheese side down, into the bread crumbs and press to ensure the crumbs stick.
- Place stuffed peppers on a lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until peppers are cooked and cheese is melted.